ATTRACTIVE DRESSING TIPS FOR PLUS SIZED WOMEN.
Ever walked in to a store wielding that sexy plus sized body and walking out sometime later almost in tears? All plus sized ladies have been there. There is absolutely nothing more frustrating than clothes just not looking right on you.
You aren’t alone. Lots of women face this on a daily basis but it doesn’t have to be this way. With just a little awareness and few tips under your belt, you will find it easy to walk out of your house feeling classy and oh so sexy.
Awareness of your body is the first and most important step. Work on identifying your body type. There are several body types out there but the most common are the hourglass, pear, apple and rectangle. They go by other names as well but those are just semantics. It is possible to be more than one type. Learn what you are comfortable flaunting and what you want to hide.
This body type is normally identified by a full bust and full hips and a smaller waist. Picture a real hourglass and you will have an idea. Curves are always in so you can really do pretty much anything to bring attention to the top. Wear ruffles on your neckline or open collars. Deep v-necks or sweetheart necklines will do well.
Accentuate your waist using belts. A belt can glamorize even the simplest of outfits. Ties also work well. When it comes to dresses select wrap dresses or empire waistlines.
Wear flared or bootleg pants and jeans to balance out the hips. Your skirt choice should be flared or pencil skirts till the knees.
For these body types you need to create a waist line. Both body types tend to carry a lot of weight on the stomach and hips so it’s important to define a waist to balance out the body. Use wide belts and ensure clothes are fitted at the bust and open out across the stomach.
Full arms, well-endowed legs, a voluptuous bust and balanced hips and thighs define this body type.
Belts and ties work wonders once again. Show off cleavage with frilly necked tops and cowl necks. V-neck and sweetheart necklines also help in balancing out. Select full skirts and curve defining empire bodices. Again focus on emphasising the bust and a looser fitting around the stomach.
Regardless of your particular body type these tips will make life easier.
- Underwear – always always select strong and supportive underwear. Whether it’s a bra or panty ensure it fits well and holds you firmly. Don’t be ashamed to use shapewear when necessary especially when you just have to fit in to that one dress and don’t want bulges showing.
- Find one or two flattering items like black trousers or a jacket that you can mix and match with any other item and look good.
- Feel free to buy a size larger to fit your problem area and tailor it to fit the others. Tailor made high waist wide leg pants are also a brilliant addition to your wardrobe.
- Ruffles go on areas you want to emphasize like the bust not across the hips or stomach.
- Avoid shapeless items unless you can cinch them at the waist with a belt. Add in tights and you’re good to go. Ensure the tights are of good quality or bulges will show.
- Accessorize! A big handbag goes a long way in making the body look smaller. Earrings, chunky bracelets, necklaces – experiment!
- When in front of mirrors look at yourself from several angles. This helps in really getting a feel of how good you look.
- Embrace those curves! If you enjoy your legs show them off with high slits and tights. Flaunt the cleavage and show off the waist.
Well that’s enough for one article. With these tips and the right frame of mind fashion should be the fun it was meant to be!